Our services are particularly for, but not exclusively, retirees to Grenada who are now finding it difficult to manage personal care or household chores; or for relatives who live abroad and would like to purchase a care package for elderly friends or relatives in Grenada.
We are compassionate about care and our clients are our reason for being. Our workers are trained to deliver quality care whilst treating every client with integrity, dignity and respect.
We believe in meeting every need so when arranging a care package, we aim to spend quality time with every client to understand their care needs. This will be documented and reviewed at regular intervals.
Our ultimate goal is to continually provide professional, personalised care that is tailored to meet the care needs of every client. Our promise is to partner the client with a carer that will most effectively meet their needs.
Check out the services we provide by clicking here!
The training that each staff member receives is very intensive and vigorous. The non-medical training includes:
- First aid trained
- Care of the elderly – dignity and respect
- Data protection and confidentiality
- Infection control
- Food handling (safety, preparation and storage)
- Specialist dementia care
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Blood glucose monitoring and management
- Continence care
- End-of-life care
All Nursing care will be delivered by a registered nurse.
We’re happy to help with any queries regarding the training and qualifications of our employees. You’re welcome to call us on 473 406 3329 or send us a message!
When asked, at the age of 10, what I wanted to be when I grow up, my immediate response was “a nurse”. I have a passion for people with an ‘open house’ policy to anyone needing an ear or shoulder to lean on.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Registered nurse with over 35 years’ experience in general nursing practice. With extensive experience as a nurse adviser, disability assessor, and working with the elderly.
- MSc in Dementia Studies
- BA, RGN, Cert.
- Registered General Nurse – University of Hertfordshire
- Teaching and assessing in clinical practice, cert. – University of Hertfordshire
- Nurse Advisor cert. – NHS Direct
- Disability Assessor cert. – University of Durham
- Police checked
Hi I am Kimlet and I love caring for the elderly and have been doing this work for many years, from 2005-2017.
I have been working for Connections Care@Home for the past 3 years as a carer, specialising in dementia care. I am currently general manager. Helping with the everyday running of the business.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Care of the elderly certificate – Caring for the elderly including data protection, dementia care, infection control, food safety and manual handling, diabetes, asthma and blood pressure management.
- Certificate in First aid – Including wound care, Management of sprains, strains, fractures, burns,CPR and recovery.
She has been employed with Connections Care@Home for the last 8 years as a carer and assistant manager. She has completed the Care of the Elderly and First Aid courses with the business. She has also completed and holds certificates in introduction to Psychology and social work and completed geriatric home management and Principles of Dementia care. She also works as a part-time Medical Laboratory assistant.
She has a passion for elderly care and has always taken every opportunity to enhance her education to enable her to give excellent care. She loves nature and travelling.
Connections – Care@Home is concerned with the well-being of those who struggle to take care of themselves. We care – it’s that simple and at the moment, we are looking to recruit other like-minded individuals. If you have a heart for service and you are interested in furthering your career with us, we would love to hear from you!